Have you been taking advantage of our half-priced crab cakes on Monday? Jumbo lump crab meat baked to perfection at an unbeatable price—you’ve got to stock up. Here’s a little secret, our crab cakes are delicious on their own, but they’re also incredibly versatile featured in other meals. In this recipe we’ve paired a crab cake with some basil and succulent end-of-summer tomatoes.
Roasted Tomato and Crab Spaghetti
Serves about 4
1/2 LB of cooked spaghetti
1 DB crab cake
2 pints of cherry tomatoes
1 cup of loosely packed basil leaves, silvered
3 cloves of garlic, sliced in thirds
2 TBSP DB Classico Olive Oil
1 TSP of sea salt
1 TSP of cracked black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. In a baking dish add 2 pints of halved cherry tomatoes and 3 garlic cloves sliced lengthwise into thirds. Add salt and pepper, then mix everything together with the olive oil.
2. Roast the tomatoes for about 40 minutes, tossing once at around 30 minutes. They will bubble and caramelize at the edges. There will also be some liquid which will become your “sauce”.
3. Cook your spaghetti as the directions instruct, but you certainly could use any pasta shape you prefer!
4. At 40 minutes add the silvered basil leaves and toss into the mixture. The warmth of the tomatoes will soften the basil leaves just enough.
5. Break apart the crab cake. Don’t be sad destroying such a thing of beauty, it will be put to good use!
6. Toss the tomatoes into the spaghetti with the crab meat. Use your judgement to add more olive oil and/or salt and pepper to taste.
Roasting the tomatoes brings out their natural sweetness which complements the delicate tender crab. This dish exudes summer flavor, so enjoy it while it lasts!
Leave a Reply