There are not many things quite as amazing as warm, melted cheese! And with that obvious fact said, we present to you a sweet, light summer treat that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Because frankly, cheese is our favorite meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
In this recipe you shall find one of our favorites and spotlight cheeses this May—delicious Feta made from a breed of sheep native to the Greek island of Lesbos. This cheese coming from our amazing partners, Essex St. Cheese, is crumbly, mild, grassy, and sweet. Drooling yet? Onward to the recipe!
8 oz. Greek Feta (about 1/2 of a pound)
2 Tbsp. of Di Bruno Bros. Classico Olive Oil
1-2 Tbsp. of Di Bruno Bros. White Truffle Honey (or more if you’re a sweet tooth!)
1 package Di Bruno Bros. Raw English Walnuts
Here’s how to make it!
1. Preheat your oven (regular or toaster oven) to 400 degrees.
2. Place the feta in a small baking sheet or dish and cover with our Classico olive oil on all sides of the feta cube.
3. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is soft but not totally melted.
4. Heat the White Truffle Honey in the microwave until it the consistency is a bit watery. If you have a pastry brush, now would be the time to break that bad boy out! Otherwise a spoon will work.
5. Adorn your beloved feta with a robe of delicious truffle honey. i.e. Cover the cheese with the warm honey on all sides!
7. Take the cheese back to the oven! Broil until the top of the cheese starts to turns brown and bubble. Keep a close eye on this one!
8. It’s time to take your masterpiece out of the oven. It is done! We recommend topping it with our Raw English Walnuts or a topping of your choice to taste. Heck, why not add some more truffle honey on top? We did!
9. Enjoy! Maybe make some extra for your friends and family, because it’s hard to share this one.
Want to try first?
We’re sampling this sweet treat this weekend at our Rittenhouse and Ardmore stores on Saturday, May 21 from 11am – 3pm. See ya there!