Turn your cheese education up a notch! Enjoy our first-ever education class offered here at our Ardmore location—forever expand your cheese horizons.
Our education series is kicking off with our first class in the Ardmore Farmers Market on August 11 from 6:30PM — 8PM with our Certified Cheese Professionals (CCP). Our Ardmore cheese cave becomes yours for the night as you taste the world through cheese!
Our resident CCPs will educate you on cheese families, flavor profiles, differentiating milk types, textures, fragrances, and more. This is our friendly introduction to all things cheese, in an intimate and personal setting! Our professional cheesemongers will even give you wine and beer pairing suggestions in advance so you come to class fully prepared (see below for the 8/11 class recommendations)! Be one of the first to experience this specialized cheese class on Philadelphia’s Main Line.
Below are some of the cheeses you’lll be sampling and learning about on the evening of August 11!
- • Brie de Meaux (France, pasteurized cow’s milk)
- • Quadrello di Bufala (Italy, pasteurized water buffalo’s milk)
- • Abbaye de Belloc (France, raw sheep’s milk)
- • Montgomery’s Cheddar (United Kingdom, raw cow’s milk)
- • Valdeon (Spain, pasteurized mixed milk).
- Below are suggested BYO beverages to bring with you to class, but if you cannot find the exact brand, just getting a similar type (i.e. IPA or red Zinfandel, etc.) will suffice!
• Red Zinfandel (Seghesio Sonoma 2011)
• Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand Craggy Range, Martinborough 2012)
• Farmhouse Ale (Ommegang Hennepin)
• Belgian Tripel (La Chouffe Houblon Tripel)