Pictured above: The Corn & Bread. A beauteous Midwestern bite.
Midwestern born and Midwestern raised, this grilled cheese concoction is straight outta’ comfort food dreams. Slathered in “buttah” and filled with Wisconsin Cranberry-Jalapeno Jack from Renard’s Cheese, this naughty piece of goodness gets some ‘Merican green apple slices for a kick of freshness and a healthy dose of apple-pepper jelly to seal the deal. Call us grilled cheese heads, but anyone who wouldn’t want to eat this just doesn’t know Jack!
1. Begin by slicing 5 thin pieces of apple.
2. Butter 2 corn bread slices, lovingly, of course.
3. On one slice, cover in chunks of cranberry-jalapeño jack from Wisconsin.
4. Cover other slice with more cheese to boot (when is there ever enough cheese?).
5. Place both slices into a pre-heated oven set to high broil.
6. It’s cheese meltin’ time! Watch as it bubbles beautifully.
7. Remove from oven (use oven mitts, please) and add apple slices, a generous spoonful of apple-pepper jelly.
8. Place both halves together and prepare to enjoy this Midwestern sandwich with plenty of, “Mmms!”
Leave a Reply