Thanks to all who came out for our first Monger Games! Congrats to the winners from District 1—Rocco of our Italian Market location and Chris of Iron Hill Brewery! Below are the delicious recipes from last evening.
Rocco & Iron Hill Brewery — Artisanal Mexican Fondue with Pineapple-Bacon Relish on Warm Tortilla
Yields 4 Servings.
Cheese Mix :
- 6 oz Piave
- 3 oz Raclette
- 6 oz Comté
- 6 oz New York Cheddar, aged 3months
- 6 oz Cooper Sharp American
- .5 tsp Guajillo powder
- .5 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz roasted pineapple
- 2 oz sautéed onions
- 2 oz bacon lardons
- 6 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 oz Cannibal Beer
- Cheese Mix (as listed above)
- 1 tsp roasted poblano and red peppers
- 1 tsp Spice Mix (as listed above)
- Top with 1 Tbsp pineapple-bacon topping
- Warm Tortilla as serving accompaniment
Jeff & Yards Brewing Company — Arpea Cheese Fondue with Yards Thomas Jefferson’s Tavern Ale and Stuffed Peppadew Skewers
- 4 wheels Arpea
- 2 twelve oz. bottles Yards Thomas Jefferson’s Tavern Ale
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 cups thinly sliced shallots (sautéed and caramelized).
- 2 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic (sautéed)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 stick butter
Stuffed Peppadew Skewers
- Smoking Goose Fig and Pig Pâté
- Smoked almonds
Melt butter in saucepan. Add shallots, cook on low until caramelized. Add garlic and cook until garlic is sweated. Pour beer in and bring to a simmer. While heating, shred cheese and toss with flour. Slowly wisk in cheese and roasted peppers, a couple handfuls at a time until fully melted. Add pepper and salt to taste. Transfer to Fondue Pot or Crock.
Peppadews: stuff about ½ ounce Pate and one almond inside each peppadew. Skewer and serve.
Hunter & Victory Brewing Company — Chocolate Fondue and Gorgonzola with Victory Brewing Company’s Storm King Stout.
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 12oz Storm King Stout
- 8oz Gorgonzola Dolce
- 14 oz Bittersweet chocolate
- Dried Figs, for dipping
- Fresh Strawberries, for dipping
- Pretzels, hard or soft, for dipping
Catch the next Monger Games all about Food Science with Geekadelphia on April 19! Get tickets now.