At Di Bruno Bros. we celebrate great food by introducing you to the best Olive Oils that we have to offer. Here are some of our favorite ways to use our new Sicilian Olive Oil.
A LITTLE OLIVE OIL GOES A LONG WAY
- Drizzled over vegetables, fish or poultry before serving.
- As a light pasta sauce. To add some heat, mix in some crushed red pepper.
- Transform into the perfect salad dressing with coarse sea salt and crushed black pepper
- Paired with a crunchy loaf of your favorite bread
- As the base of a marinade
- When baking, substitute butter with a high quality Olive Oil. A quick conversion is 1 stick butter = 6 tablespoons oil.
- Take a sip! Believe it or not, Olive Oil can be tasted in a similar style to wine.
PASTA IDEAS FROM OUR ESTEEMED OLIVE OIL PRODUCER, MANFREDI BARBERA
Manfredi offers up some of his favorite pasta dishes including a pesto sauce and a deep fried zucchini style. As the Italians tend to do, use your eye and combine as much of each ingredient to taste.
PASTA CON PESTO TRAPANESE (pasta with Trapani style pesto)
- Ingredients: fresh garlic cloves, peeled almonds, fresh basil, sea salt, Di Bruno Bros Sicilian evoo.
- Pasta: ideally fresh “busiate” or “cavatelli”
- Preparation: grind all ingredients together (if you want to be quicker you can also blend them with the blender) and mix with the pasta.
PASTA CON ZUCCHINE FRITTE (pasta with deep fried zucchini)
- Ingredients: Zucchini, fresh mint, pecorino cheese, sea salt, Di Bruno Bros Sicilian evoo
- Pasta: spaghetti
- Preparation: fill a frying pan with Di Bruno Bros Sicilian evoo (it is always worth it frying with good quality evoo!!!) and wait until hot enough. Cut the zucchini in 0,2 inches round slices. Dip them in the boiling oil until bronze but not dark. Once the spaghetti are cooked al dente dress them with the fried zucchini and the oil used to fry them. Add some fresh mint leaves and sprinkle over some good pecorino cheese.