This month marks the launch of our very first Cookbook, a collaboration with our beloved, Madame Fromage, also know as Tenaya Darlington. Peek behind Philadelphia’s largest and oldest cheese counter for a lively guide to pairing cheese with everything from beer and cocktails to olives and charcuterie. Madame Fromage brings to life 170 of the world’s greatest artisanal cheeses, drawing on stories and knowledge from our third-generation owners, cheesemongers and friends.
The book offers 30 recipes, from Cheddar Ale Soup to Rogue River Sushi and the now infamous Scharfe Maxx S’mores, along with a dairy lexicon, notes on how to taste cheese, and a variety of themed boards: a Fireside Party, an All-Goat Blow-Out, and a selection of Desk Bento. Beautiful four-color photographs from local photographer extraordinaire Jason Varney serve to put names with wheels and wedges of cheese, glorious cheese.
FOR A LIMITED TIME: All copies purchased through our website will be signed by Owner Emilio Mignucci and Cheesemonger Hunter Fike, both of whom collaborated on the book and cheese notes with Ms. Darlington.
- 170 cheese profiles, 30 recipes, and 10 themed cheese boards
- Every cheese profile includes pairing ideas for beer, wine, cocktails, and snacks
- The introduction, “How to Pick a Hunk,” tells you everything you need to know about buying cheese
- Cheesemonger Notes, by Hunter Fike, offer inside scoop into artisan producers
- Luscious full-color photos by Jason Varney; food styling by Carrie Purcell
Our team has been out in the community sharing recipes, pairings and of course, lots of samples from the pages of our new Book. Check out Emilio and Hunter hanging with local TV hosts, as well as some great interviews with Tenaya and Emilio:
Stay tuned for details on events in your area.