April is Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month. When tasked with creating a grilled cheese sandwich for the occasion, I asked myself “What kind of grilled cheese concoction should I make?” I love bacon and all kinds of different meat and cheese (especially blues!), but what special combination can I come up with that was simple, but with no meat? You do realize this goes completely against my grain, but I was game!
Everyone loves grilled cheese, especially when made of great cheeses with an added gourmet touch. My Dad was a grilled cheese maniac! I made him many sandwiches but picked this one in particular and named it after him. His nick name was “Red” hence: “The Red”.
- 1 Fresh Ciabatta Roll
- 4 ounces Piave Vecchio
- 2 ounces Di Bruno Bros. Roasted Garlic and Herb Spread
- 1 ounce Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 ounces Marinated Roasted Artichokes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
How to make:
- Slice Ciabatta in half
- Shred Piave onto top half
- Smear spread on the bottom half
- Place roasted tomatoes and artichokes evenly on the bottom of the bread
- Put top and bottom of bread together
- Heat up Panini, Foreman, or flat top grill.
- Brush olive oil on the top and bottom of the sandwich
- Press down a couple of times and cook until cheeses melt and the other ingredients fuse together.
- When the bread is a nice crisp, golden brown, remove, cut in half then…
Eat and Enjoy!