Featuring Grilled Pesto Rubbed Chicken and Pesto Shrimp Pizza
To any epicurean, pesto is the essence of summer in a jar, a delight to the senses in smell, taste, sight, and texture. Pesto originated in Genoa, in Italy, in the region of Liguria, as a way of enjoying summer’s fresh herbs long after the harvest. Di Bruno Bros. Pesto sauce is made in Italy, from 100% fresh Italian ingredients. As soon as you crack open a jar, your senses whisk you away to a sunny, breezy summer day, with the fresh scent of basil riding on the wind. We hope these Pesto recipes help you enjoy a last hurrah of summer…all year long.
Shrimp Pesto Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh pesto
- 30 sauteed jumbo shrimp
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 8 oz. ball of Di Bruno Bros. mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Use your favorite pizza dough recipe or buy one premade. Roll out to 1/5 inch – thin crust.
- Spread the pesto over the dough
- Top with the sautéed shrimp. We like to sautee our shrimp with lemon, garlic, salt and pepper, but please be creative…it’s your pizza!
- Evenly sprinkle the grated Parmigiano Reggiano over the pizza
- Drop pieces of your torn mozzarella over the pizza in between your shimp
- Sprinkle the paprika over your pizza
- Bake in the middle of your oven (preferably on a preheated pizza stone) for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Carefully remove and enjoy!
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 lbs) cut into pieces (leg, thigh, breast)
- 3/4 cup Di Bruno Bros. Pesto
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil (for brushing the grill and chicken)
- Brush the grill slats with olive oil and Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Using your fingers, slightly separate the chicken skin from the meat. Stuff the space between the skin and meat with pesto.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken
- Cook on the grill for 25 minutes turning only once.
- Rub chicken skin with remaining pesto and cook 5 minutes more.
- Tent the chicken with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, plate a green salad or simple antipasti with Italian bread.
- Serve the chicken with a salad or antipasti and some crusty bread. Enjoy!