The way to your loved one’s heart is definitely through their stomach. Few things are as intimate and thoughtful as cooking a meal for the one you love. We’ve created a very simple and rustic menu so you can share the romance this Valentine’s Day, at home, by candlelight, Di Bruno style.
- First Course: Jamie’s Goat Cheese Crostini
- Second Course: Becca’s Rustic Di Bruno Pasta
- Third Course: Delice de Bourgogne with Amarena Wild Cherries
Jamie’s Goat Cheese Crostini :
This incredibly simple recipe allows the quality of each of its 6 ingredients to shine through.
- 1 fresh baguette
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 lb. of Boucheron goat cheese
- Di Bruno Bros. Fruttato Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Campari Vinegar, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350. Slice 10 rounds off the baguette to make Crostini. Drizzle with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes until slightly toasty.
- Meanwhile, Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Toast the pine nuts in the pan, stirring, for approximately 5 minutes, until fragrant. (Don’t forget to take out the bread!)
- Add the sliced roasted peppers to the pan and turn heat to medium.
- Once warmed, drizzle with Campari vinegar (approximately 1 tbs. or a couple of quick turns around the pan with a thumb partially covering the spout).
- Continue to cook, allowing the vinegar to absorb into the mixture and caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Coat each crostini with 1 tbs. or more of goat cheese. Top with the pepper mixture.
- Bake the crostini at 350 for approximately 5 minutes until cheese is slightly melted and serve.
Becca’s Rustic Di Bruno Pasta:
This recipe dresses up our classic sauce and pasta with our favorite toppings in less than 5 minutes.
- 1 bag of Bartolini Cirioline Pasta
- 1 jar of Di Bruno Bros. Sweet Basil & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 2 tbs. Di Bruno Bros. Fruttato Olive Oil
- 1 tbs. minced garlic (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pancetta
- ¼ cup drained capers
- 1 tbs. fresh chopped oregano (or 1 big pinch of dried oregano)
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook the pasta to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan.
- Sauté the pancetta for a few minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add capers and oregano and stir, and reduce heat to medium.
- Pour Di Bruno Bros. pasta sauce into pan and stir.
- Drain pasta, do not rinse, and toss with sauce mixture.
- Top with Parmigiano Reggiano to taste and enjoy.
Delice de Bourgogne with Amarena Wild Cherries:
A cheese course is a classic dessert. Delice is a triple crème cheese from France that is rich and creamy, perfect for ending a meal, plus it’s just the thing for pairing with champagne. For our Valentine’s Day catalog, we are created a dessert by combining Delice de Bourgogne with Amarena Wild Cherries.
To serve simply cut a wedge of Delice de Bourgogne and top with a generous spoonful of the wild cherries with their sauce. Smear onto crusty bread or simply enjoy with a spoon, crackers optional. And don’t forget the bubbly!
[…] First Course: Jamie’s Goat Cheese Crostini […]
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Emilio Mignucci, Mark Moreno. Mark Moreno said: Simple & Rustic Valentine’s Day Menu: The way to your loved one’s heart is definitely through t… http://bit.ly/ecWu1E via @DiBrunoBros […]