Mozzarella di Bufala Salad, Steak with Aged Balsamic & Rosemary Marinade, Chocolate Dipped Parmigiano Reggiano Bites
by Rebecca Brumberg & Jamie Hoffman
Dads come is all shapes and sizes, all types and styles; but no matter what sort of Dad is in your family, Father’s Day is the perfect time to make him feel special, loved and appreciated. Of course at Di Bruno Bros, we share love through food, and set a standard of celebration by sitting around the table and enjoying new flavors with family. Whether your family’s Dad is a golfer, runner, fisherman, bookworm, or movie buff, we bet he will love this special Father’s Day home cooked meal plan we have put together. The recipes are simple, but also very special, because the quality and uniqueness of each hand-picked ingredient shines through in the final result. Our menu includes Mozzarella di Bufala salad, Steak marinated with Rosemary Thyme & Aged Balsamic, and for dessert, and Chocolate Dipped Parmigiano Reggiano Bites. We also put some items on sale to help fill your pantry for these recipes. Mangia Bene!
We hope your family uses these recipes to find a special moment to enjoy together this Father’s Day.
This recipe is incredibly simple and easy, and accentuates the flavor of the fresh Buffalo Milk Mozzarella. You may have had something similar before, but we promise it will be a whole new experience with Mozzarella di Bufala; Dad will love this, we promise.
1. Cut the ends off of the tomatoes, then slice into ½ inch thick slices.
2. Slice the Mozzarella di Bufala in the same thickness of the tomatoes.
3. Lay the tomato slices across a long platter, and top each with a slice of Mozzarella di Bufala.
4. Stack the basil leaves, roll the stack as tightly as possible, and then slice thinly across with a sharp knife to create a basil chiffonade.
5. Sprinkle the basil chiffonade and cracked black pepper over the platter.
6. Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil.
1 pound fresh Mozzarella di Bufala
2 large fresh, very ripe tomatoes
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
Di Bruno Bros. Fruttato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh ground pepper
Steak with Aged Balsamic & Rosemary Marinade
1. Combine the olive oil, vinegar and fresh herbs in a plastic bag, add the steaks, and marinade overnight. Make sure the steaks are well coated. During the marinade time, turn the bag over at least once.
2. Pre heat the grill to medium high heat.
3. Take the steaks out of the bag, discard the marinade.
4. Rub the steaks with a drizzle of olive oil, and then add a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
5. Grill steaks 4-5 minutes per side for medium temperature, or grill longer or shorter for your temperature of choice.
6. Remove from grill and allow the steaks to rest for another 3-5 minutes before serving.
1 cup aged balsamic vinegar, we recommend Balsamico Suite
½ cup Di Bruno Fruittato Extra Virgin Olive Oil (on sale!)
¼ cup chopped fresh Rosemary
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
4 1-inch thick steaks of your choice, we recommend ribeye cut
Sea salt (or coarse kosher salt)
Fresh ground pepper
Chocolate Dipped Parmigiano Reggiano Bites
This is another recipe that excels far beyond the efforts required to make it. It is so easy, yet so unique. At first glance some thought this recipe sounded strange, but then we made some of these bites over in the Di Bruno office, no one needed further convincing. As these sweet, salty, and savory bites melted in our mouths, all of our worries melted away too.
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the Parmigiano Reggiano into walnut sized pieces. This recipe is best with a Parmigiano Reggiano aged 18 months or more for optimum texture, which is why we recommend the Pavullo Malandrone 1477.
2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces, the smaller the better.
3. Place the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, whisking at the end of each interval, until smooth and melted. Take care not to overheat.
4. Using a fork or toothpicks, dip the cheese into the melted chocolate, and let the bites cool on the wax paper.
½ pound of Pavullo Malandrone 1477 Parmigiano Reggiano
2 bars Di Bruno Bros. Pure Dark chocolate
Leave a Reply